The Horinko Group’s vast experience working closely with senior and career government officials, NGOs, industry executives, and legal counsel uniquely positions our team to advise clients on crafting the most effective messaging and briefing materials, forming the foundation for a broader communications and outreach strategy.
We provide a full-service tool kit of the highest quality, offering cutting-edge approaches to create the platform for your organization’s voice to be heard –
- Access & Relationships
- Issue/Organizational Positioning & Brand Visibility
- Coalition-Building & Stakeholder Involvement
- Case Development
- Executive Forum Development
The Horinko Group’s reputation and extensive network with all levels of government, academia, and industry positions our team to effectively represent clients in securing funding for their efforts and advising on programmatic elements. We conduct technical and informational briefings with senior and career staff at all branches and levels of government to properly align and resolve our client’s issues and goals. In particular, our team works closely with the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. EPA HQ and Regions, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers HQ and Districts, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and Capitol Hill.
Current and Past Efforts
- Assist with interface between clientele and key federal agencies with significant regulatory oversight, strategic partnership initiatives, and contracting programs on a range of environmental issues.
- Utilize our network of contacts in both the public and private sector to lead, assist, and represent research institutions in securing funding for their programmatic elements. On a parallel track, our team builds awareness about the innovative scientific advancements being achieved, while identifying new partnership opportunities.
The Horinko Group assists domestic and international firms with raising the profile of their environmental service capabilities within the United States. We design, implement, market, host, and facilitate executive-level gatherings of public and private officials to raise brand awareness and establish a leading presence for our clientele. We can reposition institutions to better achieve national recognition of their efforts, identify new and strategic partnership opportunities, and advance discussion around complex and controversial issues.
Current & Past Efforts
- Develop and implement communications and outreach to ensure large-scale, complex cleanup and restoration efforts are performed in a timely, cost-effective manner, including the Lower Fox River Cleanup, Lower Passaic River Cleanup, Kalamazoo River, Delaware Estuary, and Ashland, WI Lakefront.
- Design and facilitate keynote speeches, presentations, and leadership training to senior and career level practitioners on a wide variety of environmental and legal topics. Past engagements include the Brookings Institute, Water Environment Federation, S-K Recycled Solvents, U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. EPA, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Bureau of National Affairs, and American Bar Association.
- Design and moderate the Green & Sustainable Remediation Roundtable on behalf of the Sustainable Remediation Initiative convening public and private sector leaders in environmental remediation to discuss the current process for implementing green and sustainable remediation (GSR) across the federal and state cleanup programs, and how to begin improving the opportunities for the advancement of GSR concepts.
The Horinko Group is a well-respected facilitator and convener of cross-agency collective dialogues, public-private partnerships, industry challenge programs, and thought-leader forums. Assembling government, industry, and nonprofit-led stakeholder dialogues, our team can advance clients’ initiatives with timely and measurable outcomes.
Current and Past Efforts
- Work with the U.S. EPA and Environment Canada/Health Canada under the Regulatory Cooperation Council (RCC) to increase regulatory transparency and coordination between the two countries. In an effort to compare the U.S. EPA’s Significant New Use Rule (SNUR) and Canada’s Significant New Activity (SNAc) programs and identify and facilitate areas of compliance promotion and transparency, The Horinko Group targeted and convened over 60 stakeholders and facilitated two roundtable discussions focused on opportunities to enhance supply chain chemical communication and improve SNUR/SNAc compliance. Each roundtable focused on its respective regulatory framework, and the final proceedings report summarizes these discussions and includes recommendations for more consistent and effective approaches to SNUR/SNAc compliance promotion activities.
- Further the objectives of the RCRA Corrective Action Project (RCAP). Marianne Horinko is a proud founding member of RCAP, a coalition of leading thinkers in the public and private sectors focused on analyzing financial assurance, data management, liability, and institutional controls of land stewardship, as well as methods for encouraging the redevelopment of remediated properties.
- Work alongside the Green Highways Partnership to assist with convening key stakeholders and raising awareness of sustainable transportation infrastructure, focused specifically on watershed-based stormwater management, beneficial reuse, and ecosystem protection.
- Serve as facilitator between the potentially responsible parties of the Lower Passaic River Cleanup and EPA Region 2. THG led ongoing technical and operational discussions with Region 2 Administrator and senior staff.
- Build a coalition to support a statutory change to Michigan’s cleanup programs that was passed and signed into law in Fall 2010.
As a respected voice and proven thought leader, The Horinko Group has produced white papers, policy reports, primers and guides, public comments for rulemakings, petitions, and testimonials on behalf of clients. We will research the issues and translate quantitative data into qualitative meaning. Covering a wide range of environmental, health, and safety issues, these resources continue to educate stakeholders, industry, state lawmakers, and federal regulators.
Current and Past Efforts
- Produce a comprehensive study, Nuclear Power and the Clean Energy Future, which underscores the role of existing nuclear power in avoiding carbon emissions and meeting clean energy policies and goals.
- Release a white paper, The Future of RCRA – Making the Business Case, as the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act reached its 40th anniversary of enactment, reflecting on the progress made, challenges overcome, and recommended future priority areas of focus.
- Develop an educational primer, The Role of Public-Private Partnerships in Meeting a Community’s Water and Wastewater Needs – A Primer for Public Officials, designed to help public officials better understand how various P3 models can help meet a municipality’s infrastructure requirements.
Building on a professional commitment to non-partisan collaboration and results, working with all levels of government, NGOs, and industry, The Horinko Group redefined how it reveals and shares information to its clients, colleagues, and partners through the creation of its executive-level Roundtable Salons, Webinars, and Summits. Deconstructing the nexus between water, energy, food, and the economy, THG utilizes each forum to foster a meaningful conversation among trusted practitioners, subject matter experts, and decision-makers. The objective being to engage, share information, and examine barriers and opportunities for problem solving or game-changing innovation.
Current and Past Efforts
- Design an October 2017 Summit entitled, The Future of Transboundary Water Management – Empowering Informed Water Resources Policy and Practice with Big Data, in partnership with the Mannie Jackson Center for the Humanities, the Arava Institute for Environmental Studies, and the National Great Rivers Research & Education Center, convening international and domestic thought leaders to consider the role of big data in transboundary water management and decision-making tied to the environmental, legal, and human dimensions.
- Convene over 150 experienced practitioners to exchange ideas and shape the debate about the future of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act’s (RCRA) regulatory and enforcement programs as part of THG’s 2016 Summit, The Future of RCRA – Making the Business Case, in partnership with the Association of State and Territorial Solid Waste Management Officials (ASTSWMO) and the Interstate Technology and Regulatory Council (ITRC).
- Design, host, partner, and participate in numerous Webinars covering a range of water-energy-waste issues.
- Download Executive Roundtable Overview (PDF) for more information on past forums executed by The Horinko Group and for future opportunities to sponsor and develop an executive-level forum or series.