The Horinko Group’s vast experience working closely with senior and career government officials, NGOs, industry executives, and legal counsel uniquely positions our team to advise clients on crafting the most effective messaging and briefing materials, forming the foundation for a broader communications and outreach strategy.
We provide a full-service tool kit of the highest quality, offering cutting-edge approaches to create the platform for your organization’s voice to be heard –
- Access & Relationships
- Issue/Organizational Positioning & Brand Visibility
- Coalition-Building & Stakeholder Involvement
- Case Development
- Salon & Webinar Development
The Horinko Group’s reputation and extensive network throughout all levels of government, academia, and industry positions our team to effectively represent clients in securing funding for their efforts and advising on programmatic elements.
Current and Past Efforts
- Utilize our network of contacts in both the public and private sector to lead, assist, and represent research institutions in securing funding for their programmatic elements. On a parallel track, our team builds awareness about the innovative scientific advancements being achieved, while identifying new partnership opportunities.
- Identify key offices in the federal government that have significant contracting programs with respect to a host of environmental issues, facilitating in-person briefings for clients.
The Horinko Group assists domestic and international firms with raising the profile of their environmental service capabilities within the United States.
We design, implement, market, host, and facilitate executive-level gatherings of public and private officials to raise brand awareness and establish a leading presence for our clientele.
We can reposition institutions to better achieve national recognition of their efforts, identify new and strategic partnership opportunities, and advance discussion around complex and controversial issues.
Current & Past Efforts
- Develop and implement communications and outreach strategies to inform and raise the profile of the Lower Fox River Cleanup, Lower Passaic River Cleanup, Kalamazoo River, Delaware Estuary, and Upper Mississippi River Basin.
- Design and facilitate keynote speeches, presentations, and leadership training to senior and career level practitioners on a wide variety of environmental and legal topics. Past engagements include the Brookings Institute, Water Environment Federation, S-K Recycled Solvents, U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. EPA, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Bureau of National Affairs, and American Bar Association.
The Horinko Group is a well-respected facilitator and convener of cross-agency collective dialogues, public-private partnerships, industry challenge programs, and thought-leader forums. Assembling federal, state, and local-led stakeholder dialogues, our team can advance clients’ initiatives with timely and measurable outcomes.
Current and Past Efforts
- Work alongside the Green Highways Partnership to assist with convening key stakeholders and raising awareness of sustainable transportation infrastructure, focused specifically on watershed-based stormwater management, beneficial reuse, and ecosystem protection.
- Further the objectives of the RCRA Corrective Action Project (RCAP). Marianne Horinko has been a proud member of RCAP since its creation. RCAP is a coalition of leading thinkers in the public and private sectors focused on analyzing financial assurance, data management, liability, and institutional controls of land stewardship, as well as methods for encouraging the redevelopment of remediated properties.
- Expand upon the successful 2005 RCRA Challenge Program. EPA asked our team to convene a group of private industry stakeholders to discuss a voluntary industry partnership to move forward remediation for key RCRA sites.
- Serve as facilitator between the potentially responsible parties of the Lower Passaic River Cleanup and EPA Region 2. THG led ongoing technical and operational discussions with Region 2 Administrator and senior staff.
- Build a coalition to support a statutory change to Michigan’s cleanup programs that was passed and signed into law in Fall 2010.
- Develop communication documents pertaining to dioxin reassessment issues to inform the public and federal/state government.
As a respected voice and proven thought leader in the industry, The Horinko Group has drafted white papers, public comments for rulemakings, petitions, and testimonials on behalf of clients covering a wide range of environmental, health and safety issues. We will research the issues and translate quantitative data into qualitative meaning.
Current and Past Efforts
- Develop white papers, briefing documents, and public comments as a collective guide to educate industry, state lawmakers, and federal regulators as to the risk exposure profile and assessment of potentially hazardous chemicals.
- Advise on the drafting of citizen petitions requesting EPA to exercise its regulatory authority.
- Assist clients with development, outreach, and facilitation of environmental expert panel discussions.
Building on a professional commitment to non-partisan collaboration and results, working with all levels of government, NGOs, and industry, The Horinko Group redefined how it reveals and shares information to its clients, colleagues, and partners through the creation of its Executive Salon and Webinar Series. Deconstructing the nexus between water, energy, food, and the economy, THG utilizes each salon and webinar to foster a meaningful conversation among trusted practitioners, subject matter experts, and decision-makers. The objective being to engage, share information, and examine barriers and opportunities for problem solving or game-changing innovation.
For interest in designing and sponsoring an Executive Salon or Webinar, please download the respective two-pagers below for additional information or contact The Horinko Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Isaac Chapman
Program Manager, The Horinko Group
Director, Communications & Advocacy Group
- Donna Ayres
Senior Advisor, Strategic Facilitation & Report Analysis
- Rebecca Steiner
Senior Advisor, Environmental Education & Outreach
- Matt Oberst
Senior Advisor, Information Technology & Event Management
- Adam Newton
Founder, Square Axis
Senior Advisor, Website/Graphic Design & Development